Goals and tools in Meta-analysis
Meta-analysis in Michigan State University’s Evidence-Based Medicine Course.Key Concepts addressed:
- 2-9 Reviews of fair comparisons should be systematic
- 2-10 All fair comparisons and outcomes should be reported
- 2-12 Relative measures of effects can be misleading
- 3-1 Do the outcomes measured matter to you?
At the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Know the steps in performing a meta-analysis: identification, selection, abstraction, and analysis.
- Distinguish between random and fixed effects models when reading a meta-analysis
- Evaluate the validity of a meta-analysis